This manual explores:
… the most important competencies in offender rehabilitation: relationship skills, pro-social modelling, problem solving, motivational interviewing and cognitive restructuring. Each skill is described from both a theoretical and a practical perspective and is developed through different exercises, reflection points, practice tips, scales and questionnaires. Readers are also advised on further reading or video resources.
It is an invaluable guide for:
- probation officers and all prison staff involved in offender rehabilitation, either as an introduction into rehabilitation work or as a support for continuous training;
- students and teachers aiming to develop knowledge and skills in engagement and rehabilitation;
- researchers designing studies on skills or occupational cultures;
- volunteers and mentors aiming to develop professional skills for working with offenders.
About The Author Prof. Dr. Ioan DURNESCU:
- …is a professor at the University of Bucharest, Faculty of Sociology and Social Work. He teaches and conducts research in the fields of probation and prison. His special interest is comparative probation. He is one of the editors of the Probation in Europe (WOLF) and the Understanding penal practice (Routledge).
- Ioan Durnescu is also co-editor of the European Journal of Probation, a journal published by the University of Bucharest in partnership with SAGE Publishing.
- He is also a member of a number of prestigious organizations: he is an honorary member of the Confederation of European Probation (CEP) and also the vice-president of the Collegium of Social Workers of Romania.
- This book is a result of many years of teaching and training prison and probation staff in Romania and away.
To read more and order the book please click here
To watch the interview with Ioan Durnescu on this book click here