After the first successful edition of the Correctional Research Symposium in March 2017, EuroPris and ICPA in collaboration with the Czech Prison Service have decided to organize a second edition in Prague on 08-10 May 2018.
Under the title “What is Good Prison Research?” the Symposium aims to elaborate on questions, such as:
- Bridging the gap – how do we build trust and cooperation between the academic community and Prison Services?
- What are the challenges and difficulties of prison and post-prison research?
Leaving prison and beyond – how do we best integrate ‘desistance’ research with prisons research?
- How do we identify and combine the needs of academics and Prison Services?
- What questions should Prison and Post-Prison Research be asking?
Should Prison Services develop in-house research and / or closer relationships with external research institutions?
- Can we give examples of outstanding applied research – focusing both on methodology and content?
- What makes evidence credible?
The Symposium would like to address these questions through panel sessions with researchers and practitioners, through plenary presentations and workshops.
Please click on the link if you would like to have more information on the 2nd International Correctional Research Symposium.