The Italian Ministry of Justice organised the first Training of the Trainers for the DERAD project from the 18th until the 22nd of september 2017. The training will be held at the Center of Excellence for Stability Police Units (CoESPU) in Vicenza, Italy.
DERAD is a European project that aims to prevent the escalation of radicalisation in the prison environment and help prisoners and probationers who are often exposed to Jihadist recruitment or self-radicalisation to overcome the different problems and push factors usually exploited by recruiters.
In total 48 experts will get a training. These expert will provide 2000 practitioners with trainings all over Europe between 2018 and 2019. The main topics of the Training for the Trainers are:
- Evolution of the radicalisation models;
- Radicalisation within prisons;
- Tools to detect radical dynamics in prison;
- Management of information and data protection legislation;
- Methodologies to design rehabilitation programs in prison;
- Framework directives FD 909/829/947 and prevention of radical escalations.
The trainers are selected from countries all over Europe: Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Malta, Cyprus, Greece, Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, the Netherland, Belgium, Ireland, Sweden, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Finland, Bulgaria, Romania.
Click here for more information.